On Friday, May 1 2015, junior students from across the board who have participated in the Ontario Library Association's Silver Birch Reading Program gathered for a celebration of literacy. The DSBN Silver Birch Celebration of Literacy Student Conference is the culminating event of a reading program which encourages and promotes reading for pleasure with junior-aged students.
The conference includes:
- Keynote addresses from the very best Canadian authors and illustrators;
- Book-related hands-on workshops;
- Interschool Trivia Challenge;
- Book sales and author/illustrator signings;
- Voting for the DSBN Silver Birch award winning books.
Thank you Orchard Park Secondary School from Hamilton for coming today to perform for our School.
Our annual Dance-a-thon is a fun and fit activity for all students.
Our goal is to help the School raise funds for classroom items and activities. We hope that each family will participate in the Dance-a-thon to the best of its ability. We’re hoping to make this Dance-a-thon the best ever, so the more contributions you raise, the more successful we’ll be at achieving our goal. Thank you very much for your participation!
- Pledge sheets and donations need to be turned in no later than, Wednesday, May 13. If forms are not received by May 13 at 9:00am the student will not be eligible for any prizes.
- Each Dancer must raise at least $5.oo to participate in the dance-a-thon
- Each sponsor making a pledge should write their name, and pledge amount on the form.
- First Prize for the student who raises the most money is a Helicopter Ride for two
- For every $10 raised, students will be given a ballet to win one of our other fabulous prizes. The more money you raise, the more chances to win
- The top class will have an ice-cream party or pizza party.
- If the school raises $4,000 we will have a Pajama Day.
- On Dance-a-thon day, each class will Dance during a specified time period
APPLEWOOD HERITAGE FAIR
Now that the warmer weather has arrived it's time to start your Spring Cleaning!
Applewood Public School Council will be holding its Bags 2 School drive again this year.
So save your clothing, shoes, boots, linens for our Bag 2 School Collection and drop them off at the school between April 27 and May 1.