Our annual Dance-a-thon is a fun and fit activity for all students.
Our goal is to help the School raise funds for classroom items and activities. We hope that each family will participate in the Dance-a-thon to the best of its ability. We’re hoping to make this Dance-a-thon the best ever, so the more contributions you raise, the more successful we’ll be at achieving our goal. Thank you very much for your participation!
- Pledge sheets and donations need to be turned in no later than, Wednesday, May 13. If forms are not received by May 13 at 9:00am the student will not be eligible for any prizes.
- Each Dancer must raise at least $5.oo to participate in the dance-a-thon
- Each sponsor making a pledge should write their name, and pledge amount on the form.
- First Prize for the student who raises the most money is a Helicopter Ride for two
- For every $10 raised, students will be given a ballet to win one of our other fabulous prizes. The more money you raise, the more chances to win
- The top class will have an ice-cream party or pizza party.
- If the school raises $4,000 we will have a Pajama Day.
- On Dance-a-thon day, each class will Dance during a specified time period
APPLEWOOD HERITAGE FAIR
Applewood to Enjoy a Day of Curling
During Phys-ed classes on April 24, the students will be involved in the Rocks and Rings Program, an introduction to curling for young people. Applewood School, thanks to Mrs. Rocco, will be taking on the cost of this program, so is provided to our students at no charge. If it is not a regular PE day - not to worry, we have slotted all classes into the schedule. Have fun Applewood.
Now that the warmer weather has arrived it's time to start your Spring Cleaning!
Applewood Public School Council will be holding its Bags 2 School drive again this year.
So save your clothing, shoes, boots, linens for our Bag 2 School Collection and drop them off at the school between April 27 and May 1.
2015 DSBN Road Race – Sunday, April 26th, 2015
Come and celebrate the 12th Anniversary of the DSBN Road Race, sponsored by Meridian Credit Union! Happening Sunday, April 26th, 2015 at the DSBN Education Centre in St. Catharines.
1k Fun Run and 5k Road Race for everyone!
Price is still only $10 for students under 20 and $20 for adults 20+!
The day includes:
- Barbecue for participantsPrizes for top finishers in each 5km age categoryFun Fair with Niagara InflatablesChip Time Results for 5km raceT-shirts for all who pre-register
- Top school participation prize
Registration forms must be received by Friday, March 20th to guarantee your 2015 DSBN Road Race shirt! Registration forms are at your school, or can be found online at www.efnniagara.ca
Come join in the fun!